Monday, October 26, 2015

#1858: Vulnerability

I used to be pretty talkative, sociable, and even a little vocal. I guess they all died down as time passed, as I started feeling ignored, forgotten, neglected, inferior. And I guess that's why I grow attached to people easily once we click, coz it's not easy for me to feel accepted or welcome. Hence I try to hold on tight to these people, but I'm afraid I may annoy them in the process, and so I start to retreat and perhaps disappear into oblivion.

When will this end? When will people stop keeping a strictly professional relationship with me and start bothering to share a more intimate friendship? Why is it that old people don't hesitate to share personal info with me and talk non-stop for a long time on our first meeting but my peers shy away even though we meet almost every day? 

What does it take to be wanted for my friendship?